Endowments create a permanent fund, from which interest income is used for the specified purpose. Contributions are restricted gifts that establish or add to existing memorial or other funds. Currently, annual income from ten endowment funds supports scholarships, the library, Japanese social studies, music, photographic archives, and faculty professional development.
These endowment funds will support, in perpetuity, particular and important educational areas in which donors have expressed an interest. The minimum threshold for establishing a permanent named fund is 2,000,000 yen ($20,000).
- Robert & Judith Sharp Family Endowment
- Dorothy Risser Library Collection
- Yaye Hirooka Fund
- Lynn Araki Takata Photography Education Fund
- Music Fund
- Tomo no Kai Scholarship
- Cindy Motai Scholarship Fund
- Ishibashi Foundation Endowment Fund
- Morimura Homeikai Foundation Fund