Application Timing for Grades 1-9
- Applications for the next school year can be submitted starting November of the previous year. The application documents will be reviewed from February.
- Applicants will be evaluated for proficiency in English and grade-level Mathematics to ensure the child’s success.
- Applications are not prioritized by the date on which they are received.
- Some applicants may be invited to be screened prior to an admissions decision.
- Parent Interviews for selected applicants will be arranged prior to an admissions decision.
- All students at Nishimachi study Japanese, either as a first or additional language 45-60 minutes a day. Japanese classes are structured according to students' Japanese language proficiency as determined by Nishimachi. Please note that children who have attended a Japanese school are not automatically assigned to a first-language class.
How to apply:
|Once you start the Online Application process, you can always freely stop and return to finish at a later time by saving your progress. Supporting Documents listed below can also be submitted online. To start the Online Application, please click below.|
|Online Application Form|
- Report Cards from the past 2 full school years
- 2 Online Confidential Student Recommendation Forms must be filled out by recent teachers who know the student well. (Preferably one each from an English and a Mathematics teacher for Grades 7-9 applicants)
- Standardized Test results if available (such as MAP, ISA, ERB, and IOWA Test)
- Copy of applicant's birth certificate or passport
- Applicant's photo
- Family photo (snap shot is acceptable; no sunglasses)
- Application fee of ￥20,000 (non-refundable; must be paid in full) (Bank transfer receipt or check made payable to Nishimachi International School)